Who we are
Pallant House Gallery is a leading UK museum that stimulates new ways of thinking about art. We explore new perspectives on British art from 1900 to now through an ambitious programme of exhibitions and creative opportunities for all. We invite people from all walks of life to explore our world class collection in a distinctive setting in the heart of Chichester. We receive an average of 60,000 visitors a year, 35% of which come from outside West Sussex and our online audience grew to over 2,100 in 2020/21.
Pallant House Gallery is recruiting a new Board member with financial expertise, who will also join the Gallery’s Finance and Investment Committee.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate their ability and willingness to:
- contribute to Board-level discussion on policy and strategy development
- review management reports and financial information
- advise on the Gallery’s financial and investment strategy and issues relating to charitable taxation and funding
- assess and manage risk
- support the development and delivery of Gallery’s Forward Plan
- deliver and build on our existing commitment to equal opportunities and diversity
- ensure we deliver our activity in line with our charitable aims, those of our key funders and stakeholders and in accordance with the Charities Commission and Company Law
- represent and act as an advocate for Pallant House Gallery in the public arena
We welcome applications from people from all backgrounds and previous Board experience is not required. The successful candidate will be given an induction into the working of the Gallery. However, given the nature of the vacancy, we are looking for a candidate with demonstrable experience in financial and investment management and charity finance regulation.
A recruitment pack and information about how to apply is available on our website here: https://pallant.org.uk/who-we-are/our-people/volunteer/
This is a voluntary role but the Gallery will reimburse Trustees for reasonable travel or out-of-pocket expenses.
The deadline for applications is midday on Friday 7 January 2022.
Pallant House Gallery is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace for our staff and volunteers. We want to ensure that opportunities to work with us are open to everybody. If you have any questions about the application process or need any support to make an application, please contact us by email [email protected] or phone us on 01243 774557 and we will be happy to help.