Who we are
The Peak District National Park Foundation is charitable incorporated organisation established to develop support and raise funds to realise our vision of a National Park enjoyed and conserved by everyone. The Peak District National Park should be conserved by everyone, forever. It should be a vibrant, colourful, and safe home for the wildlife we all love.
The Park’s heritage tells our story and inspires future generations, so let’s celebrate it.
Our right to enjoy the National Park was hard won by ordinary folk. In that spirit, let’s fight to make it ever more accessible, for everyone to enjoy.
But it is also unique and very fragile; we must always – always – strive to keep it special.
This is what we believe – and why we exist. With your support, we can start to make good things happen.
Explore. Enjoy. Support.
We support activities which keep the Peak District special and help to make it a National Park for everyone. We connect people who care about the Peak District and have the means to invest in its future with the partners striving to care for the National Park for everyone
We’re looking for someone with a passion for the Peak District, a willingness to be part of a team of trustees and with financial management experience to join our Board of Trustees as the first Treasurer for the Peak District National Park Foundation.
This is an opportunity to be instrumental in helping to secure the future of the National Park, working with the Foundation to develop a new a range of funding and philanthropy income streams to realise our vision of a National Park enjoyed and conserved by everyone.
Treasurer Role Responsibilities
In addition to the general responsibilities of a charity trustee. The Treasurer will develop and oversee the financial and investment strategy of the Foundation to maximise return on fundraising investment in line with good practice and in accordance with the governing document and legal requirements.
- Financial leadership, financial assurance and sustainability. Overseeing due processes and advising the board on financial strategy and related matters
- Lead the development of the major gifts fundraising strategy
- Ensuring that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place
- Advising the Board on the financial implications of the organisation’s strategic plans
- Ensuring that the charity has an appropriate investment policy and reserves policy
- Ensuring that the accounts are prepared and disclosed in the form required by funders and the relevant statutory bodies, for example the Charity Commission
- To work in partnership with members of the Peak District National Park Authority, in order to meet our shared objectives in respect of the National Park
- To ensure that the PDNPF complies with its constitution, charity law and any other relevant legislation or regulations.
- To ensure that fundraising is conducted in line with the values of the organisation and in line with the best practice, as established by the Fundraising Regulator
We are seeking individuals with skills, knowledge & experience including:
- Financial qualifications and experience of financial strategy management
- Experience of charity finance, fundraising and investment strategy
- Experience of operating at board/trustee level and company governance
- Experience of Income Generation and or Fundraising
- Understanding and enthusiasm for the Peak District National Park
We are keen that our trustees reflect all sections of society and the visitors and supporters of the National Park, and that we benefit from this diversity of experience and skills.
Terms of appointment
- The position is not remunerated. Travel and reasonable subsistence expenses will be reimbursed
- The initial time commitment will be commensurate with the requirement to establish the Foundation’s finance management strategy and systems. This commitment will reduce over time to approximately 8 days per annum
- The position is offered initially for a three year renewable term
How to apply
For informal enquiries please speak to the Foundation Manager Sarah Slowther [email protected]
Closing date Monday 6 July 2020, at 12 noon.
Interested parties should apply by sending a CV and covering letter to [email protected]