Who we are
The Plus Importance Project is a newly registered charity that improves understanding and inclusivity of people in the + of LGBT+, defined as “sexualities, gender identities and sex characteristics including, but not limited to, asexual, genderfluid, genderqueer, intersex, non-binary, pansexual and queer”.
As the UK’s first registered charity with a focus on the + of LGBT+, we provide training and support to organisations, educate the public and conduct research on identities in the +.
As our Marketing and Public Relations Lead, you will oversee aspectsof our work such as our social media, website, newsletter and pressreleases. You will also share your expertise in this area with theother trustees to help them make informed decisions.
As a Trustee, you will also ensure the charity delivers on its visionand keeps to its values. The Board of Trustees are both jointly andindividually responsible for the governance and strategic directionof the charity, its financial health and its activities in accordancewith our governing documents and legal and regulatory guidelines.
This role requires a time commitment averaging 1-2 hours per week,including attendance at monthly Board of Trustee meetings (inBristol), meetings with the Founder and other ad-hoc meetings.
- Ensuring the charity complies with its governing document, charity law and other relevant legislation and regulations
- Ensuring the charity is financially sustainable in both the short-term and long-term and does not spend money on activitiesthat are not part of its charitable objects
- Contributing to the strategic direction of the charity, settingoverall policy, defining targets and evaluating performance
- Safeguarding the good name and values of the charity andmanaging risks
- Overseeing and supporting the organisation’s social media, website, newsletter, press releases and public statements
- Responding to questions and feedback from the public andmanaging our response to any criticism or abuse
- Building relationships with the media, the public and otherorganisations
- Obtaining useful insights of trends, potential partners andopportunities, and updating others on relevant news
- Supporting the wider work of the Plus Importance Project
- Experience of marketing, social media, public relations etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- Skills/experience in content creation
- Passion for the work of the charity
- Personal or professional interest in the work of the PlusImportance Project
- Able to offer at least 1-2 hours per week
- Experience of being a charity trustee or a similar role overseeingthe management and administration of an organisation
- Ability to scrutinise financial budgets and processes
We particularly welcome applications from people that have livedexperience that is currently underrepresented on our Board ofTrustees, such as people who are Black, Asian, intersex oraromantic.
- trustee-marketing-and-public-relations-lead-application-pack.pdf - Download