Who we are
At Possible, we’re on a mission to speed up action on climate change. Whether it’s our world-leading Solar Schools campaign, our work building solar powered railways, or fighting the ban on onshore wind, everything we do is about inspiring more people to take more action on climate change.
As Possible’s treasurer you will be the lead adviser at board level on financial matters. And as one of Possible’s trustees you’ll provide on-going strategic direction, critical challenge and helping hands to ensure we continue to land our work with the size of impact the climate crisis demands.
- Salary: Voluntary position
- Time commitment: One to two days per month.
- Location Description Description: Remote with occasional travel to London.
- Works closely with: Possible’s co-directors and board of trustees.
To make our shortlist, you’ll need:
Everyone applying to be a trustee at Possible must be able to speak to the following criteria:
- Passionate about tackling the climate crisis.
- Demonstrable enthusiasm for Possible’s approach to climate action.
- Can devote time, enthusiasm and effort to the duties and responsibilities of being a trustee.
- Commitment to Possible’s values and ongoing anti-oppression work.
- Independent judgement and willingness to ask questions and challenge
As we’re looking for a treasurer, we’re also looking for someone that has the following:
- Financial and/or business experience with a thorough understanding of accounting principles and good financial analysis skills.
- Adept at interpreting financial statements and reports, and ability to draw out strategic implementation from them.
- Understanding of the accounting and legal framework for UK charities, or ability to gain one quickly.
- Experience of sitting on a board or similar governance group, though not necessarily a charity board.
We celebrate difference and encourage everyone to join us, no matter your background. We would welcome more representation from people under 35 and over 65, those from a working class background, those who are Black, Asian or from other ethnic minorities, as well as people who can represent views of people living in Scotland, Wales and the South West of England. We are also keen to include someone with experience of living with a disability in our board.
Does this sound like you? Read the full recruitment pack and fill in the application form.
Deadline: 9am 16th November
Questions? Current members of the board and Possible staff are happy to respond to questions, either by email or, if you’d prefer, a longer chat over the phone/ video call. Email Juliet Michaelson, our co-director of strategic development, to arrange.
Please view the recruitment pack and the application form on our website https://www.wearepossible.org/careers
- treasurer-board-recruitment-2023.docx - Download