Who we are
Our vision is to see excellent teaching of science in every primary classroom in the UK. Science plays a hugely important role in all our lives: it builds our knowledge and helps us solve global problems. The Primary Science Teaching Trust (PSTT) believes it is vital that children are engaged and inspired by science from an early age. We want to draw on their natural curiosity to help them explore, understand and ask questions about the world around them.
We are looking for trustees who can demonstrate:
• Passion and commitment to the PSTT’s aims, andappreciation of the importance of primary science education
• Understanding of the current environment in the charitysector and/or education sector
• Ability to provide strategic oversight, support and challengeto our staff team
• Commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion in our workand our board
• Good interpersonal and team skills, with the ability to workwith people from diverse backgrounds in a constructive andrespectful way
• Good skills in networking, influencing and communication
• Sufficient time to devote to the role (5 days a year fortrustee meetings, plus time for reading papers and plenty ofopportunities to get involved with other projects if you havethe time available)
During 2023, we’re looking for two or three new trustees. You may have skills in one or more ofthese areas, or may be able to add value to the PSTT in otherways.
• Digital content – we produce some digital material for useby pupils, and digital is an important channel to teachers, andif you work in this fast-changing field your insights would bevaluable to us
• Marketing – help us generate interest and engagement in ourawards, resources and support networks
• Legal – one of our retiring trustees is a qualified solicitor, andwe would like to strengthen the team with a new trustee with alegal background
• Fundraising – our new strategy will look to raise matchfunding for regional projects
Please see our 2023 Trustee Recruitment Pack for full details, including details of how to apply.
- -0--trustee-recruitment-pack.pdf - Download