Who we are
Reach Out for Mental Health (ROFMH) is a suicide prevention service operating in Essex set up to reduce the number of attempted and completed suicides in the area. It was set up to support individuals who were feeling suicidal, overwhelmed or felt like they’d just hit a wall with life.
ROFMH gives people in need access to free therapy for up to 12 weeks. We also have several peer-led coffee afternoons across the county offering people a safe, relaxed and confidential space top talk with other
What are we looking for?
The Chair must have:
- A minimum one year of experience of being Chair for another charity
Time to commit around an hour a month to responsibilities of the board
- Time to Chair Trustee meetings over Zoom once a quarter
- At least half an hour per month to meet with the CEO either face to face or remotely
- A commitment to our organisation and its objectives
- Strategic vision
- Independent judgement;
- An ability to think creatively;
- An understanding of legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship;
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to their duties as a Trustee
In addition to your statutory duties, we ask for you to use any specific skills, knowledge or experience you have, to help the board of trustees reach sound decisions. This may involve scrutinising board papers, leading discussions, focusing on key issues, providing advice and guidance on new initiatives, or other issues in which the trustee has special expertise.
What’s in it for the Trustee?
This is an exciting time for ROFMH as we develop and expand our services and explore opportunities to support more people in need across Essex. You will be joining an alternative and trail blazing approach to suicide prevention. Trustees should expect to learn new skills and to be effectively supported in conducting their role.