Who we are
Read Easy helps adults learn to read by providing them with free, confidential, one-to-one reading coaching from trained volunteers. This can help our readers to grow in confidence and self-esteem, access other learning and qualifications, improve their employment opportunities, and take a fuller and more effective part in family and home life, their local communities and wider society.
Read Easy UK enables local volunteers to set up and run affiliated groups to provide coaching in their own communities, using our well-structured and highly-replicable model. For more details about what we do and to hear from some of the people whom we have helped, please see our website: www.readeasy.org.uk
All Trustees share responsibility for the organisation. In addition to the standard responsibilities set out by the Charity Commission, the two new Trustees we are appointing now will have specific roles.
S/he will have considerable accountancy experience at a senior level and be expected to:
· Produce summary management accounts from information supplied by the staff
· Monitor cash flow and review forecasts
· Authorise payments
· Review the statutory annual accounts
· Provide accounting advice as required
S/he will have broad-based legal knowledge and experience and be expected to:
· Advise the Board and Management Team on any legal issues that may arise
· Demonstrate sound commercial, analytical and legal skills
· Flag up when external specialist legal advice is needed
You do not need prior Board experience to become a Trustee at Read Easy, and we especially encourage younger candidates and BAME candidates to apply. Experience of working with expanding organisations that have been through the process of ‘scaling up’ would be helpful.
- Read-Easy-UK-Trustee-Role-Description-02.21.pdf - Download