Who we are
Saffron is a unique, life-saving and life-changing service in Sheffield. We have offered free, long-term specialised trauma therapy, in a safe and dedicated space, for over 30 years. Our clients are Sheffield’s most vulnerable women, some of who may have experienced multiple, complex traumas.
As the Chair of Trustees, you will lead a passionate and dedicated team in steering Saffron’s strategic direction and ensuring its continued growth and success. As a potential Trustee, you must be eligible in line with Charity Commission regulations and guidance, available from their website here.
Approximately 6-8 hours per month. This will include 11 monthly trustee meetings per year (on Mondays between 7 – 9pm), a monthly meeting with the CEO and some ad-hoc participation in working groups and other governance activities.
Location Description Description Description
Hybrid (Mostly virtual, but meetings will occasionally be held at our Sheffield premises.)
- Provide leadership to the Board of Trustees and CEO by ensuring that focus remains on delivering Saffron’s charitable purposes.
- Ensure Saffron complies with its governing document, charity law, company law, and other relevant legislation and regulations.
- Establish robust, practical, and constructive working relationships with the Chief Executive Officer and the Head of Clinical Services.
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive environment within the Board of Trustees, encouraging diverse perspectives and ideas to drive effective decision-making.
- Partner with the CEO in Saffron’s fundraising efforts, engaging with external stakeholders as required.
We are seeking an individual with the following:
- Strong leadership experience, ideally at a senior management or board level.
- Good knowledge of the charity sector and governance.
- Strategic thinking and a track record of guiding organisations towards their goals.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in fundraising is a plus.
Please note – the position of Chair of Trustees is open to female applicants only, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010, Schedule 3, Paras 26-28.
- chair-of-trustees-role-person-specification-0-.pdf - Download