Who we are
We are Soft Power Education (SPE), a British registered charity and Ugandan non-governmental organisation, improving quality of life through education.
Our core programme areas and activities include:
1. Pre-Schools - for 180 of the most vulnerable children;
2. Special Educational Needs - free education, physiotherapy and occupational therapy to more than 140 children.
3. School Infrastructure -work with the Ministry of Education and local governments to transform government
primary schools into safe, creative and inspiring learning environments.
4. Community education- small-scale women’s knitting cooperative for ladies so that they can provide themselves a sustainable livelihood and brighter future for their families.
We're looking to fill 2 voluntary roles. You need experience in one of these areas, but not both:
1) A generalist fundraiserwith experience of different types of fundraising to help us identify how we should best grow our income and increase our financial sustainability.
2) Someone who has experience in a HR and/or a people role to help us develop our team, invest in their leadership, be a more inclusive organisation, and make SPE an even better organisation to work for.
For either position, we’d love your guidance and strategic input, and there may be times when we need you to be a bit more hands on. We would particularly welcome applications from people of colour because we want to improve the racial diversity of our board and want our board to benefit from more diverse perspectives. It’s even better if you have a connection to or knowledge of Uganda.
We welcome first time trustees, and would be willing to provide any relevant training and support.
It’s also important to us that:
· You’re passionate about environmental and social issues and want to be strong advocate for young people
· You believe in the power of educationand ideas to change the world
· You are willing to learn, want to develop your leadership skills and have a positive mindset
· You are proactive, curious and willing to get stuck in
- Soft-Power-Education-Trustee-Advert-Jan-2021_shared_ext.pdf - Download