Who we are
Something Chronic: Reimagining Chronic Pain Through The Arts is a new arts charity aimed at reducing the isolation that comes from living with prolonged pain.
28 Million people live with chronic pain in the UK today. Despite pain being the world’s most economically burdensome health problem, the condition is widely neglected and misunderstood. Those experiencing chronic pain often feel incredibly isolated from their own lives as well as the wider community.
We believe that Art can create social change. We use the power of the Arts to challenge people’s perceptions of chronic pain and reconnect those suffering, to their voice and bodies.
Person specification: Treasurer
· High level of organisation and administration skills.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Experience taking minutes.
· Experience with sensitive data.
· Highly responsible and trustworthy.
· Good written and spoken English.
· Previous charity experience also an advantage.
Do you want to play a pivotal role in helping a new charity drive social change through the arts? 28 Million people in the UK live with Chronic Pain. We harness the power of the arts to reduce social isolation and change perceptions.
You will have the opportunity to...
- ...be part of a fledgling charity. Have a pivotal role in a charity’s creation and future.
- ...use your creativity to work collaboratively with the team.
- .help improve the quality of life of people living with chronic pain.
Something Chronic is a unique Charity. We approach a neglected issue in a unique and creative way. We are currently recruiting a new team for a total reboot. We plan to use this COVID downtime as a positive and focus on assembling our team, reviewing our policies and strategising. Assembling the right team is our priority at the moment and we are looking for Trustees with enthusiasm and commitment.