Who we are
Sport 4 Life UK is the leading sport for employment charity in the West Midlands.
We are proud to provide the opportunity for young people (aged 11 to 29) to prepare for and move into sustained education, employment, or training by improving their employability and key life skills, through our sports-themed personal development service.
Our sports-themed personal development services are designed to bring out the best in young people by providing them with high-quality sessions, mentoring, and guidance.
The Employment & Skills Trustee will support the Board to oversee the organisation’s role within the
employment and skills sector. All trustees are also jointly responsible for the overall governance and
administration of the charity.
The role will support the executive team in developing its impact management, its research and insights
work, and evidence the change it makes with young people - to ensure reliability and validity.
The Employment & Skills Trustee is accountable to the Board.
The Employment & Skills Trustee should adhere to the role description of a trustee / director and in addition
has the following responsibilities:
Main responsibilities and duties:
● Liaising, where applicable, with the Head of Operations & Contracts and Head of Research & Impact
on employment, employability, skills, research and impact related matters.
● Supporting the Board to monitor the organisation’s positioning within, and contribution to, the
employment and skills sector and market.
● Ensuring close working relationships with relevant committees of the Board.
● Developing the research and insights management within the organisation
● Developing the impact management with the organisation, ensuring that outcomes and impact are
appropriately evidenced and validated
● Supporting the M&E systems as part of impact management to ensure a data-rich, evidence-led and
insights-informed approach to the organisation’s Theory of Change and customer journey pathway
● Act as communications spokesperson on behalf of the board, when required.
● Be an active champion of S4L.
- Trustee-Director-Pack-Employment-Skills-Ref-005.pdf - Download