Who we are
Sport 4 Life UK is the leading sport for employment charity in the West Midlands.
We are proud to provide the opportunity for young people (aged 11 to 29) to prepare for and move into sustained education, employment, or training by improving their employability and key life skills, through our sports-themed personal development service.
Our sports-themed personal development services are designed to bring out the best in young people by providing them with high-quality sessions, mentoring, and guidance.
The Marketing Trustee will support the Board to oversee the marketing and communications strategy of the
charity, as well as its digital work benchmarked against the Charity Digital Code. All trustees are also jointly
responsible for the overall governance and administration of the charity.
The role will support the executive team in developing and implementing a strategic marketing and
communications plan to advance S4L's brand identity, broaden awareness of who we are and what we do,
and increase visibility to a wider audience.
The Marketing Trustee is accountable to the Board.
The Marketing Trustee should adhere to the role description of a trustee / director and in addition has the
Main responsibilities and duties:
● Liaising, where applicable, with the CEO and Head of Business Development and supporting on
marketing and communication matters.
● Supporting the Board to monitor the marketing, communications and digital strategic objectives and
performance of the charity.
● Ensuring close working relationships with relevant committees of the Board.
● Developing the market position and brand of S4L to a variety of audiences, enabling us to achieve
● Supporting the CEO and Head of Business Development in creating and implementing a marketing
and communications strategy that will allow S4L to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships
with targeted, high-level external audiences including the media and key influencers.
● Work with the trustees and staff to recognise internal and external communications opportunities
and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them.
● Act as communications spokesperson on behalf of the board, when required.
● Be an active champion of S4L.
- Trustee-Director-Pack-Marketing-Ref-004.pdf - Download