Who we are
Street Paws is a non-profit organization that was founded in 2016 with the aim of providing free and accessible veterinary care and support services to pets of homeless people in the UK. We strive to bridge the gap between animal and human welfare services ensuring that pets are not left behind in the fight against homelessness.
Street Paws is seeking applications for new board members. Experience in HR, Social Media, fundraising and/or previous charity trustee experience will be especially considered. At Street Paws we are committed to embracing diversity and hope to reflect this in any future board members who join us.
Trustees play a large and responsible role in safeguarding the Charity through strategic governance and responsible decision making. In addition to trustees’ statutory duties, each trustee should use any specific skills, knowledge or experience they have to help the board of trustees reach sound decisions, which may involve leading discussions, identifying key issues, providing advice and guidance on new initiatives, and evaluating or offering advice on other areas in which the trustee has particular expertise.
Trustees are also expected to:
• Be committed to the vision and values of Street Paws
• Abide by Street Paw’s policies and procedures
• Meet the minimum time commitment
• Declare conflicts of interest
• Contribute actively to the board
Main responsibilities of the Trustees:
• Ensure Street Paws complies with its governing document, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations.
• Ensure that Street Paws pursues its objectives as defined in its governing document.
• Ensure Street Paws applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its charitable objects.
• Contribute actively to the board of trustees by giving a firm strategic direction, setting overall policies, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance against targets.
• Ensuring the financial stability and sustainability of Street Paws
• Safeguarding the good name and values of Street Paws
• Strategic vision and good, independent judgement
• An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
• Knowledge and experience of the charity sector
• HR / Marketing / Media / Fundraising expertise
What difference will you make?
Your knowledge and experience will help us with our ambitious plans to continue to innovate and expand. You will play a critical role in our strategic decisions and developing future plans for Street Paws to counter homelessness.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
You will have an opportunity to use your expertise in benefit of our future strategy. We are going through a period of growth and by joining us as a trustee, you will be able to be an active part of the expansion of our services and witness first-hand the impact of what we achieve.
Board meetings last approximately one hour every Quarter. Some time is also required in preparing for meetings and other ad-hoc communications. Specific skill sets may be called upon to support the charity. Trustees may be called upon to research/read/present or guide the Board at meetings regarding that topic. Board meetings are by Zoom at present.
How to apply
Applications should be made via email to Michelle Southern Director to michel[email protected]. Closing date: 9am Friday 25th August 2023.
- candidate-pack-trustee-.pdf - Download