Who we are
The Belay Foundation offers practical support to the families of children who have previously been in local authority care, such as adoptive families. Often these children have suffered abuse and neglect that can cause complex disabilities. The Belay Foundation offers services that prevent the breakdown of family life and support a child’s recovery from trauma. We primarily do this by recruiting, training and supporting Specialist Support Workers to provide in-home support.
As a young, growing charity, the board of trustees have the responsibility of growing outreach and developing our offering in line with our charitable aims.
As a trustee you will:
– Meet regularly with the other trustees to shape, drive and monitor the charity’s strategy
– Scrutinise the proper management and administration of the charity
– Champion the charity’s core values
– Help develop the financial sustainability of the charity
– Consider further service delivery in line with the charity’s aims
– Promote the work of the charity and develop contacts externally
We are particularly looking for Trustees with experience in PR, social media, fundraising and charity law.
Trustee – Person Specification
– Ability to scrutinise organisational systems and outputs
– Oversight of operations in an organisation
– Excellent communication skills
– Collaborative, enthusiastic and empathetic
– Able to offer 4+ hours per month in Trustee and other meetings and in small group/1:1 support.
Preferable but not essential:
– Experience of a trustee role
– Personal or professional interest in the long term care of adopted children
– Experience in growing an organisation from its origins to its next stage
We particularly welcome applications from people who are Black, Asian and/or under 30 as they are currently under-represented on our Board.
- belay-trustee-pack-dec23.docx - Download