Who we are
The Retreat Association is a Christian-based organisation which helps people take time out. This is an exciting opportunity to join the charity at a key stage in its development and to make a real difference within a small, dedicated team.
The treasurer would perform the following duties:
Preparing annual accounts and annual report, together with necessary working papers prior to independent examination.
Preparation of figures for quarterly VAT return and processing through HMRC system; preparing figures for gift-aid claims twice a year.
Although most of the duties can be undertaken at home, the role also involves monthly visits to the charity offices in Princes Risborough . The role will also include working closely with the Executive Director and Office Administrator.
The trustees meet 4 times a year (daytime, usually in London). The appointment also involves membership of a sub-committee which meets 4 times a year.We seek to appoint a treasurer to join our board of trustees and help to provide leadership and guidance in these areas. This role is an opportunity to make a difference in a small but dynamic charity at a critical time.
The skills and experience wer are looking for are as follows:
- At least 3 years experience in accounts and/or financial management.
- Sympathetic to the work of the RA and able to share the vision of offering support to those looking for stillness and silence in their lives.
- Able to commit time to the Retreat Association both to attend meetings and to take issues forward between meetings.
- Able to work collaboratively with the Retreat Association’s Executive Director and trustees.
- Able to communicate effectively in writing and in person.