Who we are
The Story Museum celebrates Stories. From our unusual museum in Oxford, we’re on a mission to enrich lives, especially young lives, through our ever-growing collection of stories, immersive exhibitions, theatre shows, skill clubs, courses, live events and co-creation projects. Annually, we reach over 100k people, half of whom are under the age of 18. Our Learning, Access and Participation programme includes partnerships with schools and community organisations in areas of disadvantage.
To be read alongside Information Pack.
Key responsibilities are to:
- Fulfil the duties as set out in the terms of reference
- Engage fully and offer support in the area of TSM’s paid and free-to-access offer for Schools and other learning institutions
- Join a sub-committee and other ad-hoc groups where they align to their area of expertise and interest.
We invite the Trustee (Education) to support the CEO and Head of Learning to:
- Develop high quality and effective learning programmes for children, young people and teachers, which achieve the identified outcomes around Skills & Experiences, Attitudes & Behaviours and Role-models & Relationships
- Build our national profile amongst schools’ and networks of teaching and school leadership professionals
- Explore models of on-line and remote learning to expand our reach and increase access
- Maximise earnings potential of the paid-for offer to schools on-site and on-line
- Ensure the accessibility of our learning programme to all learners including those with disabilities, SEND and neurodivergence
- Support the financial sustainability and resilience of our creative educational enterprise
- Support the development of effective impact measurement for our learning offer
The successful candidate will bring current and/or extensive experience of working in the Education sector. The following skills, experience and qualities are essential:
- Personal knowledge, networks and authority in Teaching and the Education sector
- A working knowledge of the National Curriculum with a specialism in any two key stages
- An understanding of key Government policies as they relate to the work of The Story Museum
- Understanding and commitment to the role of arts and creativity in learning
- Evident leadership qualities: strategic thinker, clear and persuasive communicator and effective networker
- A synergy with the aims and values of The Story Museum
- A demonstrable commitment to inclusion, diversity and anti-racism
- Active cultural participation
Desirable skills, experience and qualities include:
- Familiarity with mixed income models or charity finance
- Experience of serving on the board or committee of a charity, Community Interest Company or B-Corps.
- story-museum-trustee-recruitment-pack-may-0-.pdf - Download