Who we are
The UK Evaluation Society was established in 1994 and is the principal professional organisation for those working in the broad field of evaluation, and evaluative thinking and practice in the UK. We aim to provide leadership on evaluation and believe that evaluation makes an important contribution to human endeavour.
Do you have substantive experience of leading and organisation through a period of change? Do you have energy, commitment, vision and a real interest in driving evaluative practice to a place where it can be effective in policy making and the lives of people.
Following the recruitment of an inaugural Executive Director and expansion of the associated secretariat, The Society has made great progress in transitioning to a new phase in our development.
We are now looking for a new Chair with proven senior leadership skills to work in partnership with the Board and the Executive Director to:
- Lead the strategic development and direction of The Society
- Translate strategic vision into tangible change
- Leverage a wide set of contacts and networks across UK research, government, agencies and preferably internationally, to promote The Society’s membership, programme of activities and profile
- Lead the governance and financial stewardship of The Society.
We expect the time commitment to be 25 days per annum. This will include quarterly Board (with at least one in-person), Executive Committee (held online) and Standing Committee meetings, liaison with the Executive Director and occasional attendance at sector events.
Please download the full Appointment Brief below for more details, and/or if you would like to have an informal discussion with our current Chair, please contact [email protected] and we’ll set this up for you. We welcome the opportunity to discuss the nomination process, the role and get to know you!
- ukes-chair-appoint-brief_final.pdf - Download