Who we are
We are experiencing one of our most dynamic and exciting periods of activity in the charity’s 41 year history. The Stamma campaign has been seen by over 5 million people with the charity’s membership steadily growing. We’ve a small, passionate team working from our office in Bethnal Green, and huge ambition. We are a comparatively small charity, with an annual income averaging £200K.
The Board is looking to appoint a Treasurer to help guide the organisation’s finances over the years ahead. We aren’t necessarily looking for someone who stammers, but we are looking to recruit someone with a passion for the cause.
This position is unremunerated, although travel expenses can be covered.
The role would suit someone looking for experience in the charity governance sector.
• The skills to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences
• Preparedness to make unpopular recommendations to the board
• Available to the CEO and Finance Officer for ad hoc advice and enquiries
• Experience of Sage accounting.
Skills and knowledge required for the role
- Financial Management
- treasurer-letter-and-jd.pdf - Download