Who we are
Trigger are artists and producers making artistic work in response to major issues of our time. We are currently delivering The Hatchling, a city scale theatrical dragon puppet that will lead the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee pageant in June 2022. We are also the creators and producers of WithYou, a free digital service that enables the families of people isolated in hospitals or care homes to send them personal voice messages and playlists, and has just received further development funding from Innovate UK. Trigger has also been selected as one of the 10 lead collectives for UNBOXED: Creativity in the UK with a new mass participatory project of scale – PoliNations.
We are looking for a Finance Led trustee to support the future of Trigger with:
● Minimum 10 years’ experience working in finance or fundraising
● Experience of charity accounts
● Ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of the Board and other stakeholders
● An understanding of working in a small / medium organisation
● Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities, and liabilities of trusteeship
● To ensure that the charity complies with its governing document and its own financial rules, charity law, company law, and other relevant legislation or regulations.
● To ensure that adequate financial procedures and controls are in place and that the charity operates within a sound financial framework.
● To advise the Trustees on the financial implications of their strategy and policy objectives and that the charity has appropriate financial risk management and reserves policies in place.
● In association with the Head of Finance and Operations, to ensure all financial dealings are properly accounted for.
● To work with the Co-Directors and Head of Finance and Operations on the production of an annual budget, propose its adoption to the Board and monitor performance against budget.
● To liaise with the General Manager to ensure that financial information (e.g. balance sheet, cashflow, bank balances, fundraising performance) is reported to the Trustees in a timely manner and to be satisfied that this is comprehensive and accurate.
● In association with the Head of Finance and Operations, to ensure all financial dealings are properly accounted for, that grants and other funds received for specific purposes are appropriately monitored and reported on.
● Act as an ambassador for Trigger locally, nationally and internationally.
For more information and to download the job pack please visit Opportunities — Trigger Stuff