Who we are
The London Early Years Foundation (LEYF) began as the Westminster Health Society in 1903, a time of poverty and shockingly high mortality.
Over 100 years before the first official children’s centre and 45 years before the NHS, the Westminster Health Society helped to introduce the first health visiting programme in London. This included health education and training, clinics for maternal & child welfare and training in domestic skills.
In 2009 the organisation was re-named London Early Years Foundation, recognising the importance of spreading the model across London. Today they are one of London’s largest and most successful charitable social enterprises, working to change the world one child at a time.
LEYF is looking for talented individuals to join the Board and contribute to the strategic development and further success of the organisation. This is an excellent opportunity to put your skills and experience to new use, in a different context and to make a difference to the life outcomes of disadvantaged children across London.
Successful candidates will be passionate about LEYF’s ambition and will bring experience of organisational change. We are looking for someone with:
- Substantial Early Years, Special Educational Needs and Safeguarding expertise
- Strategic and operational senior management experience of large early years settings/schools/multi academy trusts/international schools/charities
- A deep expertise in Early Years Education and Care/SEND, inclusion and safeguarding, understanding key issues and implementing best practice
LEYF's trustee roles are open to those of any or no gender, and they welcome candidates from any and all backgrounds who think they have the required skills and can contribute as a trustee. They would like to particularly encourage those from black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds to apply.
For comprehensive information about LEYF and the role of trustee, please download the Candidate pack.
How to Apply
If you share a passion for continuous improvement and want to have a positive impact on the lives of others, then please send
- A comprehensive CV, including your recent achievements, and the details of two referees
- A Supporting Statement addressing your motivations for applying
For a confidential discussion about the role, you can contact Melissa on 07789 985229 / [email protected]