Who we are
Arts & Homelessness International works to bring positive change to people, projects and policy in homelessness, through arts and creativity. We focus on connecting and strengthening individual artists and projects and advocating for arts to be part of homelessness support and policy. We do this through international exchanges, events, research and training. We passionately believe in co-production and 50% of our board and staff members are, or have been, homeless
- Wholehearted commitment to the aims and values of the organisation.
- Willingness to devote the necessary time and effort and add value to the organisation where possible.
- Able to get on well with people at all levels, including volunteers, the Board, the Director and other staff, and external organisations where relevant to the trustee role.
- Commitment to fairness and promoting equality and inclusion.
- Thoughtful and good listener and excited to learn from others. As noted in the introduction, we are recruiting for three trustees and specifically looking for applications from people with at least one of the following characteristics, skills or expertise:
- Personal experience of homelessness
- Black, Asian or person of colour
- International working or experience, especially in the Global South
- Legal Expertise
- Cultural Spaces This recognises that our Board is not currently representative enough of the population groups we serve, and that a greater diversity of backgrounds and perspectives will strengthen the Board’s role going forward.
- AHI-Trustee-Recruitment-Pack-Aug-2021-.pdf - Download