Who we are
Founded in 1985, Ware Museum is an independent, accredited museum which tells the story of life in the town from the Mesolithic period to the present day. The Museum’s mission is ‘to provide a museum service that encourages everyone who visits, lives or works in Ware to be engaged by its past, present and future. We do this by enabling people to access and share the collections and heritage of Ware and the surrounding area for inspiration, learning and enjoyment’.
The Chair will play a key role in the governance and future strategic direction of the organisation.
We are looking for someone with…
- A track record of chairing meetings with skill and authority, with prior experience of serving on a Charity Board, ideally as a Chair, but those with experience as a Trustee will also be considered.
- A passion for the heritage of Ware and its surrounding area.
- A keen sense of strategic purpose to drive the Museum forward over the next 5 years taking confident decisions to act as a figurehead.
- An understanding of museums and their role and also of how small businesses operate.
- Experience and understanding of the funding landscape in the UK and experience in fund-raising.
- A strong personal commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
This is a voluntary and unremunerated position. The Chair will be appointed for a three year period, renewable for a maximum of a further two terms.
It is expected that the time commitment will be 2-3 days per month.
- chair-of-trustees-candidate-information-pack.pdf - Download