Who we are
Wigan and Leigh Hospice is a registered charity serving people across Wigan borough who have been diagnosed with an illness which is no longer curable. We believe passionately in providing care suited to every patient’s unique needs.
Every day, 365 days a year, we aim to offer a supportive, caring approach to everyone who uses our services.
We believe hospices should be about living as well as dying.
Applications are welcome from experienced individuals with an empathy for the work of the hospice and its service users and expertise in:
-Finance (with an interest in becoming a Trustee Treasurer)
- Legal (particularly employment law and/or health and safety
- Digital Technology
- Workforce strategy
The Role purpose:
- To provide leadership to the Board and good governance to the Hospice in association with your colleagues on the Board
- To ensure the Hospice operates within the various legal frameworks and is true to its Mission, objects and values
- To chair regularly attend Board meetings and to take an active interest in developments of the Hospice in support of the Senior Leadership Team
- To delegate day to day management of the Hospice to the Senior Leadership Team
- To act as an ambassador for the Hospice in a variety of settings
For further information and application form please see the following link - https://www.wlh.org.uk/support-us/become-a-volunteer/current-volunteering-vacancies/hospice-trustees-voluntary-role/
- Trustee-Recruitment-Pack.pdf - Download