Who we are
Our work within the community aims to target and challenge attitudes and perceptions around young people. We complete multi-generational and conservation projects to provide young people the chance to give back to their community, and provide them with the chance to both challenge and change the stereotypes faced by young people today. Further, we work to support safer, more equal communities so local communities can thrive.
The WYA team runs projects throughout the year to engage a wide range of young people and help them to develop skills and confidence. Many of these projects involve the creative arts in areas such as graffiti art and rap music, and are generally aimed at reducing social exclusion and helping young people to develop and achieve their goals.
- Applicants should be passionate about working for the good of young people and changing views and outlooks
- Leadership ability including motivation skills and working effectively as a team member
- An effective communicator, tactful and dkiplomatic
- Integrity, Strategic Vision and good/independent judgement, forming decisions for the good of the chairty.
- Chair-Vacancy-Wycombe-Youth-Action.docx - Download