Who we are
Yachad is a British Jewish organisation which empowers British Jews to support a political resolution to the Israel Palestine conflict.
What do we do?
1. Communal Engagement – We provide a space to hear different perspectives from the region and critically engage with the situation on the ground. We work to ensure Jewish community organisations are more representative of the broad range of opinion that exists in relation to Israel and the conflict. We recognise that young people are crucial in leading change. We want to ensure that their voices are heard, and that they have the tools and confidence to advocate for peace and justice.
2. Public Affairs – working with British parliamentarians, providing insight into different perspectives that exist in our community and advice on how to manage difficult conversations. We work to help build political support for robust British engagement with the conflict.
3. Grassroots – collaborating with partners in Israel and Palestine and ensuring their voices are heard in the UK, both within parliament and within the Jewish community
In addition to someone who has direct fundraising experience we are looking for someone with:
• A commitment to Yachad and its values, and a willingness to stand by decisions taken by the organisation
• A willingness and ability to devote the necessary time and effort to fulfil their duties as a board member
• An in depth understanding of the cultural sensitivities, communal structures and relevant history of the British Jewish community and how it relates to Israel
• Strategic vision
• Good, independent judgement
• An ability to think creatively
• A willingness to speak their mind
• A willingness to act as a representative of Yachad, including in settings that involve personal networks
• A commitment to helping to ensure the financial stability of the organisation
• An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities, and liabilities of charity Trustees and/or company Directors
• An ability to work effectively as a member of a team
• Understanding of the core issues and challenges that Yachad faces.
Our recruitment pack can be found here.
- Yachad-Recruitment-Pack-FINAL-2.pdf - Download