Who we are
Yachad is a British Jewish organisation which empowers British Jews to support a political resolution to the Israel Palestine conflict.
What do we do?
1. Communal Engagement – We provide a space to hear different perspectives from the region and critically engage with the situation on the ground. We work to ensure Jewish community organisations are more representative of the broad range of opinion that exists in relation to Israel and the conflict. We recognise that young people are crucial in leading change. We want to ensure that their voices are heard, and that they have the tools and confidence to advocate for peace and justice.
2. Public Affairs – working with British parliamentarians, providing insight into different perspectives that exist in our community and advice on how to manage difficult conversations. We work to help build political support for robust British engagement with the conflict.
3. Grassroots – collaborating with partners in Israel and Palestine and ensuring their voices are heard in the UK, both within parliament and within the Jewish community
In addition to the person specification outlined in the General Duties of Trustees and Directors the Treasurer which can be found here, the Treasruer will also have:
• Relevant financial experience or qualifications to allow for proper scrutinization of budgets and accounts
• Experience of monitoring the budget of an organisation
• Understanding of charity and company law compliance
• Willingness and ability to dedicate the necessary time to fulfil the duties of treasurer
• Willingness to explain financial concepts and professional knowledge to both Board members and the professional team of Yachad
• Experience of both teamwork and leadership or management of people
• A demonstrable commitment to the values of Yachad
• An understanding of the core issues that Yachad deals with including knowledge of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and in depth knowledge of the British Jewish community
- Yachad-Recruitment-Pack-FINAL.pdf - Download