Who we are
Yachad is a British Jewish organisation which empowers British Jews to support a political resolution to the Israel Palestine conflict.
What do we do?
1. Communal Engagement – We provide a space to hear different perspectives from the region and critically engage with the situation on the ground. We work to ensure Jewish community organisations are more representative of the broad range of opinion that exists in relation to Israel and the conflict. We recognise that young people are crucial in leading change. We want to ensure that their voices are heard, and that they have the tools and confidence to advocate for peace and justice.
2. Public Affairs – working with British parliamentarians, providing insight into different perspectives that exist in our community and advice on how to manage difficult conversations. We work to help build political support for robust British engagement with the conflict.
3. Grassroots – collaborating with partners in Israel and Palestine and ensuring their voices are heard in the UK, both within parliament and within the Jewish community
In addition to the person specification outlined in the General Duties of Trustees and Directors which can be found here, we are looking for someone with:
• Experience of sitting on a Board of a not-for-profit organisation
• Significant experience of leading or managing people
• Understanding of core governance requirements facing charity Trustees and company Directors
• Willingness and ability to devote the time required to properly fulfil the duties of Vice-Chair
• Demonstrable commitment to the values and aims and objectives of Yachad as an organisation
• Skills to act as a spokesperson for the organisation
• Good understanding of the core issues Yachad works on including Israel-Palestine, UK Jewish community politics and the UK political sphere
• Ideally experience of organisational management
You can find full details of the role here.
- Yachad-Recruitment-Pack-FINAL-1.pdf - Download