Who we are
Established in 2017, Young Camden Foundation is a registered charity set up to address the growing uncertainty of long-term investment in the children and young people sector in Camden and the need to build more cross-sector partnerships. Young Camden Foundation aims to provide a new model of local support for its members, which includes building capacity and better equipping the community with resources and funding, connecting and working with organisations to develop new and entrepreneurial approaches to supporting young people and championing critical issues facing the local community.
Are you passionate about making a real difference to children, young people and communities? Do you have skills, networks and a new perspective that can drive a small but ambitious charity towards its aim?
With our new CEO, Daisy Srblin, recently in post, a strong and established board chaired by Fiona Millar, and our new strategy to 2025 launched, this is an exciting time to join Young Camden Foundation.
Young Camden Foundation (YCF) provides a positive new approach to supporting the local children and young people sector. YCF is determined to safeguard high-quality play and youth provision in the borough of Camden, together with our network of over 130 members and strategic partners.
Our vision: Powerful and ambitious partnerships in the community are built and nurtured. As a result, all children and young people in the borough will have equal access to opportunities. These opportunities will ensure that young people in the borough are kept safe, informed about the decisions that most affect them, and supported in achieving their full potential.
Our mission: To encourage and assist our members, partners, and supporters in connecting and working together to form innovative and sustainable opportunities for young people. We aim to do this by utilising our networks to broker more investment and build more capacity in the children and young people sector.
Our values: Collaboration; equality; community; sustainability.
1. Increase long-term investment in the children and young people sector in Camden
2. Enable new cross-sector collaboration between members, partners, and supporters
3. Ensure that young people feel safe, listened to, and are thriving and achieving their full potential
4. Ensure that members have the capacity to deliver high-quality and sustainable youth provision
Who we are looking for
We are seeking three new Trustees, to join our experienced and passionate Board of Trustees and replace three of our current long-serving Trustees after over six years of service. Please indicate if you would like to be considered for the Chair role.
You will share our passion to make a difference for Camden’s children and young people, and the voluntary and community sector that supports them. We are particularly encouraging candidates with an interest / experience in HR and management, organisational leadership or business sector. If you have a close connection with the community of the London Borough of Camden, that will also be especially welcome.
We are particularly keen to encourage those who are underrepresented on charity trustee boards, including those holding racialised and marginalised identities, and young people, to ensure that the board reflects the communities and groups that we support and work with.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Attending four quarterly board meeting per year (in person in Camden)
· Attending a Committee which meets four times a year (virtually)
· Supporting the CEO and participating in meetings in order to steer and support the Young Camden Foundation
· Attending one full day away day each year
· Being an ambassador for the organisation and a commitment to YCF’s work
· An understanding of the undertaking of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of Trusteeship
Our ideal candidate will have:
– A connection to the London Borough of Camden and a passion for the children and young people of our community
– An understanding of the importance of infrastructure and membership organisations such as YCF in supporting the voluntary and community sector in Camden
– An understanding of the breadth of Camden’s children and youth sector
– Connections to relevant networks in Camden and London
– An interest / experience in HR and management, organisational leadership or business sector
We are particularly keen to encourage those who are underrepresented on charity trustee boards, including those holding racialised and marginalised identities, and young people, so if you don’t have these skills but do have the passion, please get in touch.
You will also be able to have a thorough handover with outgoing Trustees.
Time commitment: 4×1.5h full Board meetings per year (in person), 4x1h Committee meetings per year (virtual/ hybrid), and some one-to-one time with YCF’s CEO and Chair of Trustees
Our Board of Trustees
YCF is governed by a dedicated and skilled team of trustees and associate members from across different sectors, including private, public and third sector. Our Chair is Fiona Millar and our Vice Chair is Stephen Greene, both experienced Trustees, who will be stepping off the board in the next 6-12 months.
The board is made up of 12 trustees and three associate members. Meetings take place quarterly and YCF governance structure consists of four committees: Finance, HR & Safeguarding, Fundraising, and Grant Giving.
YCF is at an important stage of its journey emerging from the pandemic and launching its ambitious strategy to 2025, and is seeking a Treasurer to help build on its successes to date. So, if you believe you have the necessary knowledge and experience to guide the charity through the next exciting phase of its journey, then we’d love to hear from you.
Once these Trustee roles are recruited for, the full board will be undertaking an internal appointment process in Autumn 2023 to appoint a new Chair, as our current Chair steps down in Winter 23/24 after five years of service.
Please note: at least one of these Trustee positions will be ringfenced for a representative from a YCF member organisation.
These positions are voluntary and unpaid. However, we work to ensure our Trustees gain opportunities for personal development; work with new network; and explore new opportunities to work alongside people and communities.
Please visit our website to read the profiles and biographies of current members of the board and YCF staff: https://youngcamdenfoundation.org.uk/about-us/
Please express an interest by sending a cover letter and CV to [email protected]
Or to speak to Fiona Millar, Chair, about the role, please get in touch on [email protected]
- -.-ycf-trustee-advert---general-0-.docx - Download