Who we are
Youth 2000 was founded in 1990 and has had and continues to have a widespread and lasting impact on the Catholic Church and has helped thousands of young people to find the love of God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Many have gone onto to serve the mission of the Church and the needs of society having discerned a vocation to priesthood, religious life, married and single life.
In non-Covid times, Youth 2000 runs retreats and festivals for young people between 16-35 throughout England and Wales. Currently, we run regular online events, including mission training, bible courses, prayer evenings and Alpha and discipleship courses.
Our vision is that through the power of the Holy Spirit, Youth 2000 seek to raise up a new generation of saints to evangelise the nations.
It is an exciting time to join Youth 2000 as a trustee. Since April 2020 we have a young talented staff team in place who have expanded the strength and depth of the mission of Youth 2000.
Although this post is advertised as being based in London it is not necessary to live in London and most meetings will be held via zoom.
We are particularly seeking people
- with safeguarding expertise and experience willing to support our safeguarding lead by becoming the designated safeguarding trustee
- experienced in working with young people and/or who have knowledge of young adult culture and the issues facing them today, e.g. mental health, drugs, self-harm etc.
- who can support and strengthen our fundraising strategy with networks, experience and expertise
- with media experience and in particular digital media
- with marketing and communications expertise including the use of social media
- with experience of successfully scaling up and expanding organisations
- with operational change and growth skills
- with impact measurement, monitoring and evaluation skills
However, we are also seeking people
- with strategic planning skills
- with financial management expertise
- with human resources and performance management experience
- with coaching and mentoring experience
- with personal and professional development experience
- with legal and regulatory experience and expertise
By reason of the nature and context of the work of Youth 2000 and the trustee role, the trustee role is subject to the requirement that the holder must be a practising Christian under part 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010 and their lives must display a clear and demonstrable Christian commitment.
For further information see the application form and please visit https://www.youth2000.org/trustee
- Youth-2000-Trustee-Application-Form-17.2.21-final.docx - Download