Join us to find out about the importance of having a diverse board of trustees in your organisation. We’ll be exploring why having a range of perspectives and experiences in your board helps you make better decisions and how your organisations can use this to make your organisation more impactful.
In this webinar, we’ll hear from Ian Joseph at Trustees Unlimited about the importance of diversity in making strong decisions at board level and beyond. This event is free to attend as part of our Trustees’ Week 2023 webinar series.
At the event, you’ll understand:
- what we mean by diversity, and how it has an impact on our long-term sustainability
- why diverse boards make better decisions
- how you can think about diversifying your own board.
This event will take place on Zoom. Captions will be available.
We’ll share joining instructions, including the Zoom link, one week in advance.
Timings are as follows:
- 12.00: Welcome
- 12.05: Presentation
- Why charities should care about diversity
- what are the benefits of bringing a range of experiences and perspectives to decision-making
- how can you diversify your board?
- 12.35: Questions and answers session with attendees
- 12.55: Summary and closing
Ian Joseph, Trustees Unlimited: Ian Joseph is Managing Director of Trustees Unlimited, a B Corp specialising in not-for-profit board recruitment. He has a range of other roles:
- Co-founder of Step on Board: One of the UK’s leading senior employee engagement programmes
- Joint managing director of Russam: A B Corp Focusing on interim management, executive search, board practices and total project delivery
- Chair of Kidscape: The national anti-bullying charity
He has served as an interim board director of Avaaz, an organisation that promotes global activism in areas such as climate change, human rights, and corruption. He was also founding director/trustee of the Olympic legacy charity, Cyclopark, which is now one of the premier cycling facilities in Europe.
Earlier in his career, he was chief executive of a charity which worked in the UK and overseas. Throughout his career, he has recruited hundreds of trustees for a wide variety of organisations.