Who we are
Julian House is a charity dedicated to making a difference to the lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in society. We run several projects and every year we help thousands of people out of homelessness, into employment, away from domestic abuse, and more.
Due to forthcoming retirement, we are recruiting for board members who can provide the right balance of support and constructive challenge as we make tough decisions that will help us continue to thrive in an ever-changing environment.
We are seeking an excellent, well-rounded board member with management experience, strategic leadership and vision, as well as a passion for social justice.
We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates with expertise in multi-site retail, criminal justice, or social housing.
- Purposeful and driven with evidence of great business acumen.
- Keen interest in social justice and the causes Julian House supports.
- Willingness to promote openness and accountability, always holding the organisation’s best interest at heart.
- Keen interest in client involvement and co-production of the services that Julian House operates.
- Willing to always hold the organisation’s best interests to heart.
- Ability to see the bigger picture and to commit time consistently.
- Experience in steering organisations through a process of change and improvement.
Please refer to the full Trustee Job Description, if you are interested in applying!
How to apply
To apply, please submit a personal statement (Cover letter) stating why you wish to join the board of trustees of Julian House, what skills and experience you will bring to the board, directly addressing the person specification, and any other relevant information.
Applicants will be required to attend an interview and provide referees who will be contacted by telephone.
For a confidential discussion about the role and the organisation, please contact Emma Cooke, Chair of the Board of Trustees on 07813 204609, or Helen Bedser, Chief Executive on 07535 519908.